Thursday, February 3, 2011

Complete Calendar of Events

V-Day Happy Hour Fundraiser
Friday, February 4, 8 pm
Wicker Park, 1469 3rd Avenue at 83rd Street map
Fordham Law V-Day and Fordham Law Women are co-sponsoring an all night happy hour at Wicker Park to raise money to help protect women and girls in New York and Haiti. Some ladies from Fordham Law Women and from the Vagina Monologues will be guest bartending and all tips to them go to the cause! $5 cover gets you happy hour prices until midnight. ($3 beers, $4 wine and $5 mixed drinks!)

Sex Ed Jeopardy
Thursday, February 10, 12:30 pm
room 211, Fordham Law School map
A: Join us for Sex Ed Jeopardy. Q: What is a fantastic way to show off your knowledge of sexual health while having fun? Join a team and compete to win fabulous prizes! Hosted by Marni von Wilpert, 3L. Pizza and giveaways provided by Fordham OUTLaws and Law Students for Reproductive Justice.

Violence And Women
Tuesday, February 15, 12:30 pm
room 203, Fordham Law School map
A panel discussion of violence committed against and sometimes by women. Guests include: Joshua Dressler, Adjunct Professor, Fordham Law School; Marjory Fisher, Special Victims Bureau, Bureau Chief, Queens District Attorney's Office; Holly McGuigan, Professor of Clinical Law New York University Law School; Anne Patterson, Domestic Violence Social Worker, New York City Family Justice Center; and Stephanie Conners, Integrated Domestic Violence Attorney, New York County Defenders.
Lunch will be provided.

V-Day Fordham Law School 2011 presents a benefit performance of Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues
Thursday, February 17, 7 pm
Friday, February 18, 7 pm
McNally Amphitheater, Fordham Law School map
Eve Ensler's dramatic work addresses a wide range of women's issues, experiences and thoughts on everything from shaving to birth to tampons. Well, just let our cast explain. Tickets are $10 online ($9 for students when purchased in the cafeteria the week of the show)

** Join us for our official after-party following the performance on Thursday, February 17 at Coppersmith's (793 9th Avenue at 53rd St map) as we team up with Access to Justice to raise money for legal aid in Ghana. $5 wristband gets you happy hour prices until 11:00 p.m.

**Join us after the performance on Friday, February 18 for a closing reception in the atrium to celebrate our fundraising and awareness-raising successes. Sponsored by BarBri.

V-Day is a global activist movement to stop violence against women and girls. Further information about V-Day can be found at V-Day Fordham Law will contribute 30% of the proceeds from our efforts to the official V-day 2011 campaign to protect the women and girls of Haiti. The remaining 70% of the proceeds will go to Safe Horizon, a New York organization working to help victims of domestic violence, child abuse and human trafficking.

No comments:

Post a Comment